Sunday, December 6, 2009



So I went to go see what the fuss was about Precious tonight and yeah...I really can't decide if this was a cohesive film. I mean, the character development needs improvement. (However, the main characters of Precious and her monster of a mother, played by Mo'Nique, are executed well. I mean, they have to be, they drive the plot.) But the supporting characters, such as Precious' class mates at an alternative school, leave the viewer wondering what is their problem? Her teacher and sort of mentor's story is kind of rushed and difficult to understand. Another issue I had difficulty with was the way Precious' daydreams were staged. It shows how every time Precious faces a devasting situation, because her life really fucking sucks (and i'm not being sarcastic) that she always has her hopes and dreams and that's a universal theme. BUT yet again, Tyler Perry makes a movie that depicts a terrible story of someone facing insurmountable odds. I'm just really tired of his crap. And Oprah states that Mo'Nique's performance is Oscar-worthy...

But here's the REAL reason why ya'll should go see it .... MARIAH CAREY WEARS NO MAKEUP and not only sounds like she's from Brooklyn but also like she's been smoking 2 packs a day for the past 15 yeaz. There's also this really cool Jamaican actress and I want her accent.

1 comment: